A small glimpse of MY life, MY journey and MY thoughts. Okay? We can talk while we walk. :)
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Wow, that's all I can say!
So I had a weird experience today. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by anything that happens on Facebook but I was today. During the course of a discussion about Shabbat with some "friends of friends" one of the people assumed I was Jewish from the comments I was making. I guess I must have gotten under someone's skin because I was asked if I was a Pharisee or Sadducee. What the??? I recognized the comment for what it was, a "dig" thinly disguised as humour and made my feelings known about it. Shortly thereafter this person excused themselves from the discussion. But I'm still amazed at the nerve (rudeness) of some people. Who in their right mind would make a comment like that to someone they thought was Jewish? Is that just ignorance or thinly veiled anti-semitism?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment